Friday, September 7, 2007

The love we share seems to go nowhere

Well, it's been a little bit since I blogged. Nothing fantastic has really happened lately, especially not anything cheerful. I don't really have too many friends in this city, and so it's not a good time to struggle in the relationships with those that are near...just sort of makes me feel more alone.

Ultimate has had it's ups and downs. Ups include the exciting news that one of the guys on the high school team I used to coach was placed on the A team at Virginia Tech. I'm really pumped for the guy. He's a hard worker and he's going to do well there. Also, one of my friends joined their college team randomly, which makes me smile. And best of all, Margie joined the girls' team up here, which is great on many many levels. The club team I'm on is really getting to me a little bit. I seem to make silly mistakes there that I don't anywhere else, and I just want to show these guys that I'm a good bit more than the rubbish they sometimes seem to thing I am. The college team looks...surprisingly good! My roommate is playing well and I'm playing well. We had been shooting for being competitive next year, but at this rate we might be okay by this spring. It is an exciting time. The problem is I am not yet on the team. I'm sweating this one out big time.

School...oh school. I made a few friends, these really chill guys in my E-Science class. They are about eight years older than me, so I don't know...but it is a start. I'm extremely upset to announce that I got sick and missed some classes this week. This was not the way I wanted to start the year.

The good news is that really ridiculous economics professor wasn't really my economics professor at all. He was confused and just walked into a classroom and gave a lecture. Three cheers for community college!! Huzzah!

One last note...my community college has Gandhi's grandson speaking on campus about nonviolence. Seriously??? What sort of place is this? Umm, for all my pacifist homies, come down.

Peace,
Charlie

5 comments:

nadia said...

that Ghandi thing is so ridiculous. yet so awesome. crrrrazy.

yeah being thousands of miles away from most of the people I love, I feel disconnected and lonely sometimes too. like now for instance. solidarity counts for something, right?? hang in there.

miss you bunches!

Margie said...

you forgot elenor!!! ;)

ryanpvance said...

Hey, don't feel too bad about the club season. I was consistently the worst player on the practice field my entire first year. You definitely have a ton of talent and are improving a lot. It's a tough sport when you jump to a new team in the middle of the year and have to think along with doing all the skills that seem to come naturally. We are definitely not even close to giving up, so you'd better not be either. Besides, if you stop playing, it would be really embarrassing when Margie is better than you in a few months!

Charlie said...

Whoa, Ryan Vance reads this blog? I better step this up! ;)

Margie already is better than me. I'm not so proud...

ryanpvance said...

I sure do. I try to keep track of what all of my teammates are doing/going through/eating/wearing
...I'm pretty much just a stalker.