Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Fitting in

Well, everyone I can think of has a blog, from Devin Thomas to Curt Schilling. I have always liked the concept of blogs, but I decided that I shouldn't get one unless I could be witty and deep and as far from a teenage girl as possible. Since I'm not a great writer, I have never started one, fearing that I would come up oh so short to the high high standards of the blogs I enjoy.

Then I noticed that people studying abroad were starting blogs and keeping people posted on the happenings of their new lives. This got me thinking: what am I doing but going on a nice long study abroad! In Baltimore!

To summarize for those of you unfamiliar with my situation: once a promising student in high school, I completely bombed out of college following a very depressing fall in which grades were unimportant to me, but still important to the college. After finishing out last school year, I tried to get a fresh start by transferring to a university closer to home, my former fallback school when I was applying to schools out of high school. I was rejected. But! I had agreed to live with my friend from home in Baltimore, so I made the move to community college. Hopefully this is a short stint, a semester or two at the most.

I am going to warn you right now. I'm not really someone who is going to try to be really witty or clever or deep or meaningful in a blog over the internet. I have this to entertain myself and to keep my old friends updated on my life. These posts are going to be nothing more than my thoughts and experiences and some lame stories about what's happening now that I have taken a step back.

And it is a step back. I'm pumped to write my first real post, to tell you all (or maybe just myself, I have no idea how people find each other's blogs) about my first day of class, which was ridiculous. But I'm beat now. It'll be up tomorrow. Cheers to you all and I'm slightly embarrassed and ashamed to join you in the wide world of blogging.

Peace,
Charlie

3 comments:

ellie said...

We all love you, all around the world.

Andrea said...

charlie... don´t be ashamed. me and ellie care...that counts for something! haha
ps - i will miss you and your badly drawn tees

Margie said...

hi